Good morning. My name is Joel Windsor, and I live in High River. If you will indulge me, I do need your help.
I am writing this for all people who have even the most marginal interest in the Alberta Party. If you already know me personally, you know that I'm a big advocate of the Alberta Party. I have been working hard to bring some awareness to the party, and with some success.
There are many things taking place in the Alberta Party right now you may not be aware of. The most important is the leadership campaign that is currently underway. Another item is our "Modest Ask" fundraising campaign. Finally, it is my heartfelt desire to set up a Constituency Association in the Highwood Constituency so that we may run a candidate against Danielle Smith and anybody the PC, Liberal and NDP put up to run in 2016.
So I need your help. I am asking you to do a few things;
1) Renew or Purchase your $5 membership by September 6 (as that is the deadline to be able to vote for the new leader). You can do so here: http://www.albertaparty.ca/join_the_alberta_party
2) Attend a leadership debate, or if you can't, let me attend one for you. If you can't go to the leadership debate, you can send me in with the tough questions you want to hear answers to. I'd be very happy to ask them for you on your behalf, and report back to you afterward. However, if you can join us instead, you can meet the candidates yourself.
3) Read up on the leadership candidates. Who we elect as our party's Leader will have a massive impact on our success and relevancy in the 2016 election.
You can see Greg Clark's information as follows, and he is also on Social Media;
4) Vote. You can do so by phone, on the Internet (the link will be published later), or by attending the Annual General Meeting. The night before the AGM the party will be hosting a leadership debate, which will be your last chance to ask the leaders how they will drive the party forward. If you are interested in attending, visit http://www.albertaparty.ca/alberta_party_agm_and_leadership_convention to register.
5) Tell me if you would be interested in seeing an Alberta Party Constituency Association in Highwood. Highwood specifically includes High River, Okotoks, Aldersyde, Dewinton, Davisburg, Heritage Pointe, Gladys, spaces between, and other communities on the south side of the Bow River. If you are interested in seeing this movement continue, please drop me a short email. If you're not sure, still drop me an email. Either way, I'd be quite happy to meet with you and answer any questions you have.
Feel free to contact me about any of this. I am a teacher in High River, so if you don't get hold of me right away, I'm likely in session; don't worry, I will always return your call or email. You can call me at (403) 603-0930 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can "Like" our Alberta Party - Highwood Constituency Page or Follow our Twitter feed as well;
If you've made it this far, you might just be willing to forward this message on to anyone else you think may be interested. Please feel free to do so. Let's make some change happen in Alberta.
May the road rise to meet your feet,